Steamed kale with kimchi | vegan recipe
Like this Backdrop? You can have it!It's a vinyl backdrop you can roll up and store easily. It's water resistant and affordable. I ordered this backdrop here, you can get 15% off there by following this link.
Raw, steamed, or blanched
I love raw kale in salads. Raw kale and especially kale stems can be bitter and tough to chew. Steaming kale can help to remove the bitterness and to soften the stems and the leaves, making them easier to chew and to digest.
I almost never steam or blanch kale, but its a great way to offer kale to friends, who are absolutely not interested in a raw kale salad. I would make a raw kale salad for myself, and this dish for guests.
Advantages of steamed and blanched kale
- blanched kale is softer
- blanched kale is easier to chew
- you can eat more branched than raw kale
- blanched kale can be made from frozen kale
- you can blanche and eat kale stems
- blanched kale tastes great without any oil